What to look for in a GaN charger
We did our research and found out the best GaN chargers you should buy. However, before you hit the buy button, there are a few key factors to keep in mind to shop smart. Therefore, we put together this GaN charger checklist for your reference.
- power ratings: Chargers that put out 10 to 65 watts or more are considered fast charging. This is the standard from fast charging technology to Qi wireless charging. So keep an eye on the wattage rating, the higher the better.
- USB support: All GaN chargers offer USB compatibility. However, different GaN chargers support different types of USB cables. Make sure the one you like matches the USB port on your device. Also, consider the number of USB ports available if you have multiple devices.
- Compatible devices: Speaking of devices, some GaN chargers support a wider range of devices than others. Check the compatible devices section of the product description (on the purchase page) or compare the power ratings and port type with those of your device.
- UL or other certifications: Most electrical appliances made or used in the US require UL certification. UL is not the only OHSA-approved testing laboratory. There are dozens of others. However, it is one of the most popular certification standards.
Having covered a few key things to look out for in a good GaN charger, it’s time to look at which one to buy.
Small but mighty: UGreen 10334 GaN charger
- ✓ 65 watt extra fast fast charger with three USB ports.
- ✓ CarbonNeutral Certified and Red Dot Design Award Winner.
- ✓ Lightweight and portable with powerful built-in protection.
- ✗ The output may drop in some cases.
The size of your device can’t intimidate the small but mighty UGreen 10334 GaN charger. It can handle any compatible device you throw at it no matter its power needs. This 65-watt ultra-fast charger has three USB ports (one USB-C and two USB-A ports) and a compact, block-folding design to boot. It is CarbonNeutral certified and has won the Red Dot Design award.
Its USB-C port is capable of producing 65 watts of power, enough to charge the MacBook Air M2 to 51 percent in 30 minutes. It can be a solid replacement charger for your MacBook. It features a Smart Power Dispenser system that intelligently disperses power while charging to protect your device. It measures 2.6 x 1.57 x 1.22 inches, weighs 4.6 ounces, and is compatible with a wide range of devices.
small but mighty
Premium Design: Anker USB C Charger
- ✓ Ultra-fast 65-watt charger with four dedicated USB ports.
- ✓ Slim, space-saving design with sticky pad.
- ✓ Premium design with much more under the hood.
- ✗ May require more careful handling.
Anker is another popular brand that you can trust for the best GaN chargers among others. And the Anker USB C charger doesn’t disappoint. Rated at 65 watts, the Anker USB C Charger has four USB ports (dual USB-C ports and dual USB-A ports). You can achieve fast charging through the main 45-watt USB-C port or the other 20-watt USB-C port.
Its dual USB-A ports also support fast charging, allowing you to recharge up to four devices simultaneously. It features an ultra-slim 0.7-inch space-saving design with an adhesive pad that sticks to any surface, even under your desk. It also uses Anker’s proprietary MultiProtect technology that provides temperature control and overload protection.
Anker USB-C charger
The Anker USB C Charger is an ultra-fast 65W GaN charger with a slim design and powerful specs.
Economical: TECKNET GaN charger
- ✓ Pocket-friendly pricing and design.
- ✓ 65-watt super fast charger with three USB ports.
- ✓ Feature-rich with wide compatibility.
- ✗ Power output may vary.
GaN chargers are generally and relatively more affordable considering what they provide. However, if you still want to save money on the best GaN chargers, then you should go for the TECKNET GaN charger. This 65-watt fast charger also features three USB ports (one USB-C port and two USB-A ports). It can fully charge a 15.4-inch MacBook Pro in just two hours.
This compact and portable MagSafe compatible GaN charger measures 2.2 x 1.95 x 1.18 inches and weighs 3.88 ounces. It features Power Delivery 3.0 technology and other built-in safety measures that protect your device against excess current, overcharging, and overheating. It is compatible with a wide variety of devices, including phones, tablets, desktop computers, etc.
TECKNET GaN Charger
With 65 watts of power and three USB ports, the TECKNET GaN charger is capable of fast charging your devices.
Additional AC outlet: Baseus PowerCombo 6-in-1 GaN Charger
- ✓ Two AC outlets plus four USB ports for extended connectivity.
- ✓ Supports 65-watt fast charging.
- ✓ 100-watt USB cable included, as well as AC cord.
- ✗ It is not compatible with a 220 volt power source, not the best for international travel.
Of all the GaN chargers in this roundup, the Baseus PowerCombo 6-in-1 GaN charger is the only one with AC outlets; two of them. It also has two USB-C and two USB-A ports, all of which have fast charging capabilities. This multifunctional GaN charger comes with a power rating of 65 watts, which is enough to quickly charge any mobile device, including laptops.
It features a space-saving design that is easy to carry or transport and comes with a 100W fast charging Type-C cable and a 4.92ft extension power cord. It comes with a 45 degree angled socket design and measures 4 x 2 x 1 inches with a weight of 15.5 ounces. It uses intelligent Advanced Partition Cooling technology to control overheating and protect your device.
Additional AC outlets
Large capacity: EHO GaN charger
- ✓ 100W large capacity for ultra-fast fast charging.
- ✓ Four USB ports for maximum connectivity.
- ✓ Lightweight and compact with a 90 degree folding plug design.
- ✗ Power sometimes less than advertised.
At 100 watts, the EHO GaN Charger is one of the best heavy-duty, large-capacity GaN chargers you can find. It uses Power Delivery (PD) 3.0 technology and comes with four ports (three USB-C and one USB-A). It has enough power to fully charge a 16-inch MacBook Pro laptop in less than two hours. The EHO GaN charger uses the latest GaN III technology.
With the EHO GaN charger in charge, you can safely bring other devices (up to four) to the party, as there is enough space and power for everyone. It is CE, FCC and ETL certified. It features a 90 degree folding plug design that you can easily open or close as you see fit. It measures 2.5 x 2.5 x 1.2 inches and weighs 7.4 ounces. We have also covered the Satechi 165 Watt GaN charger. and the fastest wireless chargers for your devices.
EHO GaN charger
What can you do with 100 watts of fast charging power? Find out with the 100 Watt EHO GaN Charger.