The future is all about technology. With the advancement in the computer system and its components, it is easier than ever to connect with anyone across the globe. This has proven to be a turning point for Esports. Esportsis the future of all sports. The traditional sports are bigger and stronger, both in terms of support and infrastructure, but Esports is also chasing it at tremendous speed.
In the past decade, Esports has seen a significant increase in support from its audience. Today, we do not want to sit back at home and view sports on TV, we want to get involved. In this article, we are going to discuss what Esports is and how it is future-ready.
Esports is a competition of games over the internet (or LAN). The games are not limited. There are plenty of games that are being termed as “competitive” and are being played by professionals. Itis abbreviated as Electronic Sports. As the live streaming got better and bigger, the viewership got an exponential rise.
Esports games are of different types. The common genres are First Person Shooter (FPS), Real-time Strategy (RTS) as well as Battle Royal. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)
- League of Legends
These are some of the top games. They are highly played as well as viewed through different streaming platforms, such as Twitch or YouTube. The streaming has made the genre so much famous that it is even thought to include it in the Olympics (Paris 2024).
It has other benefits as well. If we are good in a particular game, there are organizations that grant Esports Scholarships. They recruit newbie players from varsities. Different events such as Esports Combine are organized to recruit and analyse players. Esports is a growing field and hence, infrastructure is still in the developing phase.
Conventional sports have scouts who have a technical advantage compared to Esports. Hence, such events are carried out to filter the top emerging players in different games.
Moreover, the career in Esports is not limited to being a player. There are other fields as well. Fields such as Coach, Analyst, Social Media Manager, Content Creator are also widely famous.
Following are certain tips that you can follow to gain an advantage in this career:
Choosing the game.
When we play a game, we tend to explore other games as well. While certain times, this can be mind-refreshing, but if we want to grow our career in a particular game, we should keep practising it. Moreover, we can also try to stay in a particular type of genre.
If we are sure about our field, then we should stay focused and back ourselves. Practice makes a ‘player’ perfect, which is the right proverb for Esports athletes. Get started with the local team and go on building the dream career. Do not wait for opportunities to arrive at the doorstep.
As we have discussed the tips and overview of Esports, let us see the pros and cons of it.
Following are the pros and cons of Esports:
- Gamers have extremely accurate precision. The reflex actions are a result of accurate precision only. Due to which, we can coordinate our hand and eye magnificently.
- We tend to think proactively to resolve an issue. This makes our problem-solving capacity improve. Moreover, the game is based on serious decisions. One wrong move can get you in trouble. With rigorous practise and focus, we can improve our decision-making capability.
- It helps us to connect socially with other people over the internet. This is a boon for introverts. Esports help us to relieve stress during the pandemic. Playing games reduces stress level and anxiety.
- If we are badly addicted to gaming, we might develop gaming disorder, a disorder in which a person prioritizes playing games over other necessary activities which result in health deterioration.
- When we play a game constantly, our joints get stiff. This stiffness at first seems normal and curable but if proper attention is not given, it may result in joint disorder. In the worst case, we might also face carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Gamers tend to play games overnight. This results in sleep disorder as well. We prioritize gaming sessions over sleep. This disturbs our routine sleep hours which may negatively impact us.
This was all about Esports and its overview. Itis a promising path in which you can develop your career if you are good in a multiplayer game. We hope that the article has served its purpose and has helped you gain some insights on this.