Trying to pick out the perfect diamond ring can be overwhelming. So here is this guide to help you find the best diamond engagement rings. If you have no idea where to start, don’t worry:
Know the basics.
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend and for a good reason. They’re the most enduringly popular gemstone and have been for thousands of years. They come in all colours, cuts and sizes, but nothing can compare with the brilliance and fire of a diamond cut properly by a master craftsman.
Diamond engagement rings represent true love because they’re forever; they never fade or tarnish as long as you take care of them properly. If you want your gift to be both meaningful and valuable, consider purging a diamond ring that will last forever.
What size do you need?
The size of the ring depends on the size of your partner’s finger, so it’s important to measure! When you’re buying a diamond online or from a catalogue, you can use the chart below to figure out her ring size:
- Size 5 – About 1.8 cm long (about 0.7 inches)
- Size 6 – About 2.0 cm long (about 0.8 inches)
- Size 7 – About 2.2 cm long (about 0.9 inches)
- Size 8 – About 2.4 cm long (about 1 inch)
Once you have this information, use this simple formula to calculate how much larger than her actual finger size she would like her new ring to be.
What shape is best for her?
It’s important to consider the shape of the diamond. Your partner will have a particular preference, and some shapes look better on certain people than others. Always remember: The essential thing about buying an engagement ring is finding something that makes your partner feel loved!
How much should you spend?
How much you should spend on a diamond is a very personal decision. It depends on your budget and the size of the diamond, as well as the quality and setting. Consider investing in a larger stone with an excellent cut if you have a large budget.
If you have a smaller budget but still want a high-quality diamond, look for one with an average weight but intense colour and clarity grades. If your partner has not yet proposed but wants to buy her engagement ring from an online jeweller, take advantage of their free consultation service before placing any order. This will help ensure that she gets exactly what she’s looking for!
What are the different diamond cuts?
The shape of a diamond is determined by the cut, which is how the stone’s facets are positioned. Many different cuts are available today, each with its unique aesthetic and characteristics. Here’s a list of popular cuts:
- Round – Also called brilliant cut, it’s the most common shape for diamonds because it maximises sparkle and brilliance due to its precise symmetry. It’s also easy to set in any jewellery piece as it’s versatile in size and shape.
- Pear – These stones appear curved like an apple or pear from above; they’re often seen as less formal than other cuts but still make excellent engagement rings due to their vintage vibe!
- Marquise – This type has its widest point at its centre with more minor issues on either side, sometimes referred to as “emerald cut” since this shape resembles emeralds when viewed up close.
There you have it, the best diamond for your partner. This is a great guide to get you started, but as always, you should take your time to make sure that what you are buying is right for her.