Twitch has 26 million daily users.
Therefore, getting a good handle is not an easy task.
If you regret what you chose when you were 14 or just sick of being “John1998”, you are in the right place.
I have a complete guide on how to change your Twitch name.
But before we start, you have to promise me something: you will choose better usernames in the future.
How to change Their contraction name?
Okay, Taylor Swift, let’s create a new reputation for you.
just make sure of yourself keep your followers updated in your rebranding or you risk losing them.
Now. Follow these steps:
- Go twitch website.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right of the screen. Sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- In the dropdown menu, click Settings.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of your Twitch username to change it.
A message below will inform you if you are able to do it right now.
- In the pop-up window, type the identifier you want. Reminder: You promised you’d come up with a good one.
- Click Update.
- When the Update button turns purple, click it.
- Enter your password, then Confirm.
If you use the desktop app, the the process is identical.
Voila: You are now done changing your Twitch username.
you must have a verified email. Also, your new handle must meet Shrinkage Policies.
How to change your Twitch name on phone?
It’s fine, but:
How should you change your display name on Twitch while on the go?
Of course with your phone!
The first and most important thing to do is download the Twtich app on your mobile device.
Once done, tap on the three lines at the top left corner of the screen. Select a profile. You will be able to change your account information, biography and settings.
If you don’t want to get the app, you can use your own mobile phone browser.
Ok, now that you know how to change your Twitch name on your phone, let’s cover another important topic:
How to change Twitch display name
Before explaining, let’s first discuss the difference between username and display name.
They are basically the same, but the latter will do. show capital letters.
For example, if our team chooses @techjury, it will appear in web chat as Technical Jury.
They should matchYes. You definitely can’t be @anakinskywalker and introduce yourself as Darth Vader.
Now that we’ve got that fixed, head over to the Twitch website. Therefore:
- Click on the profile icon at the top right of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, click Settings.
- On the Profile tab, scroll down to the Profile Settings section.
- Click in the Display Name box.
- Enter your new display name, then click Save Changes.
That’s it – you were able to successfully change your display name on Twitch.
What will happen if I Change my Twitch name
Decisions have consequences, yadda yadda. If you choose a different name or identifier, be prepared to:
- Keep the new one for two months. – Twitch will not allow any changes for 60 days after choosing a new name, so keep that in mind.
- You lose the old identifier/name forever – After making a change, your old Twitch identity is at stake. And if someone has the same questionable taste, you could claim it.
- Share an updated URL – As I said at the beginning, you should notify your friends and followers. Your old URL will no longer lead to your streams as the platform will generate a new one for you.
- Experience delayed ad revenue – If you earn from ads on the day of the name change, your payment may be delayed. What are you doing does not affect Twitch partners.
- You still risk timeouts and bans – Changing your identity to avoid jail might work in Hollywood movies, but not on Twitch.
You have been warned!
Now you know how to change your Twitch name.
Congratulations, you have successfully avoided eternal embarrassment due to your own 14-year-old decision. Or you just avoided a stalker.
Regardless of the reason for your actions, you can use this rebranding opportunity to try something new, like streaming or raiding.