Your quick reply:
- To copy comments from Instagram posts, you can do so using the web version of Instagram, as the app does not allow copying comments.
- To copy comments on Instagram, you need to open the app and go to the post where you saw the comment you want to copy, tap on the three-dot icon and tap on the “Copy Link” option. Paste this link into your browser and tap and hold on the comment to copy it.
- You can also copy the comments if you don’t have the link to the post. Take a screenshot of the comment and open the screenshot from Google Photos. Tap on the “Target” option from the options below. It will detect the text and allow you to copy it by long pressing and tapping on the copy option.
- Take a screenshot and open it to copy Instagram comments to iPhone 13/13 Pro Max, then long press on the text and you will see it is selected. Then tap on the copy option.
How to copy comments on Instagram?
Follow the steps below:
Step 1 – Open the post in the app the comment is in
To copy the comments you see on Instagram, the first step you need to take is to open the Instagram app from your phone’s home screen.
Now that the app is open, find the post below the comment you want to copy. You can do this by searching for the username of the post owner or by scrolling through the Instagram feed. Once you find the particular Instagram post, you need to tap on it to open the post.
Step 2 – Tap on the three-dot icon and “Copy Link”
Now that you’ve found the post and opened it, you’ll see a three-dot icon in the top right corner of the post, as well as the username of the post’s owner. You have to touch this three-dot icon.
A tab will then open at the bottom of the screen, with options to share or hide the post or even report it. You need to tap the “Link” icon to copy the link of the post whose comment you want to copy.
Step 3: Open Chrome > Sign in > Paste the link
After copying the link to the post you are interested in commenting on, you need to go ahead and open Google Chrome from your phone screen. Once you are here, open the Instagram webpage by searching for it using the search bar.
Next, you need to log in to your account. After logging in, go to the search bar, paste the post link you copied earlier, and hit “Enter” on your keyboard. This will take you to a particular post.
Step 4 – Tap, hold and copy the comment
Now that you have reached the post, you need to tap on the three-dot icon next to the search bar. In the tab that will open, you need to tap on the “Desktop Site” option. This will change the format of the post to the way you would see it in your computer’s browser. Now go to the comments section and find the comment you want to copy.
Once you find this comment, you need to copy it by tapping and holding anywhere in the comment until the upper and lower bound icons appear which you can drag to select the entire comment. After selecting it, a “Copy” option will appear above the text. Tap this option to copy the comment to the clipboard.
Video on how to copy comments on Instagram:
Why can’t I copy Instagram comments?
You can very well copy the comments you see on Instagram. However, you can only copy Instagram comments when you use the website version of Instagram through your phone or PC browser.
When using the app version of Instagram, you won’t be able to copy the comments you see. This is because the app does not allow copying comments. This is how the Instagram app designers chose to develop the app.
Therefore, if you want to copy the comments, please log in to your account from the browser and use the function.
How to copy comments on Instagram without links?
You can easily copy comments on Instagram without using the link by using the target feature of the Google Photos app. Read on for a detailed step-by-step process:
Step 1: Open the post and take screenshots of the comments
The first step you need to take is to open the post with the comment you want to copy. Then you need to go to the comment section by tapping on the comment icon and take a screenshot of the particular comment you are looking for.
Step 2 – Open the Google Photos app and open the screenshot
Now that you’ve taken the screenshot, you need to open the Google Photos app and find the screenshot you just captured of the comment you want to copy. Once you find the screenshot you have captured, you need to tap on it to open it.
Step 3 – Tap “Target” in Options at the bottom (it would detect the text on that screenshot)
After opening the screenshot, you will see a list of options at the bottom. One of the four options at the bottom of the screen will be the Google Lens icon. You have to touch this icon. You will see that the text on the screenshot will be highlighted in separate sections. This means that it detected the text on the screenshot.
Step 4 – Select the text and tap “Copy Text”
Now that the text is highlighted in various sections, you need to tap on the text to reveal a start point and an end point icon to select the text. Drag these icons to where the comment is selected. At the bottom, there will be a “Copy Text” option. Touch here to copy the comment.
How to copy Instagram comments on iPhone 13/13 Pro Max?
You can copy comments in the Instagram app on iPhone 13 or 13 Pro Max by going to the post whose comment you want to copy.
- Open the comment sections of the post and take a screenshot.
- Then you need to go to the comments section and search for the comment. Take a screenshot of this comment and open the screenshot.
- You will notice that the text on the screenshot has been detected and all you have to do is long press on the text, also known as the comment, and you will be able to copy it.
This feature is available on all iPhones above the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro Max configuration.
The bottom lines:
Here’s how to copy comments from the Instagram web and app. Hopefully, this article has also shown you simple methods to copy text even without a link and on an iOS device of iPhone 13 (and iPhone 13 Pro Max) and later.