If you do a lot of vlogging or live streaming, you may need to record the screen along with the audio.
While easy on iPhone, screen recording on Mac is a bit more complicated.
Several apps allow screen recording on Mac. This guide will explore some of them and explain how to record screen with audio on Mac.
Use the Screenshot toolbar
Apple’s screenshot toolbar now allows you to record your screen on Mac.
Here’s how to use it:
- Start the toolbar by pressing the key Shift + Command + number buttons 5 together. You will see a list of options.
- In the Screenshots toolbar, you will see an icon to record the whole screen, a part of it, or just to take a normal screenshot. Select the option to record the entire screen or part of it.
- After selecting the desired option, click Record to start recording. When you’re done, click the Stop button.
Use QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is the free screen recorder for Mac that often comes as a pre-installed app. With this app you can record anything on the screen.
Here’s how to use it:
- Go to utilities and click Quicktime Player icon to start it.
- Click on Proceedings and select new screen recording to open the Mac screen recorder.
- In the screen recorder, click the dropdown menu next to the record button. From the list of options, select the internal microphone Option to capture audio.
- To start recording, click Disk button. You can touch anywhere to record full screen or drag to select the part you want to record. To stop, click Stop button or press Command-Control-Esc.
- After recording, QuickTime Player automatically opens the recording for you to view, edit, or share.
Snag-It is an easy-to-use screen recording app for Mac.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download and open Snag-It. To record the entire screen, click Catch the icon is enough. To select a part of the screen to record, tap anywhere and drag. Then click on the video card of capture window.
- Make sure you have installed audio capture, click preferences tab and select Catch. if it says Uninstall component next to the System Audio option, it is already installed. If you see install component, click on it and follow the instructions.
- To record your voice, choose the record microphone option. For your computer audio, select Record system audio.
- Click on Disk button. You will have a 3 second countdown before the start of the recording. To stop recording, click stop button.
- The recording will open in the Snag-It editor once it is stopped. Now you can trim or share your video.
If you want to create an excellent high-quality screen recording, you must try Camtasia. It is one of the best screen recorders for Mac.
Here are the steps:
- Launch the app and click Disk button at the top of the toolbar. This will automatically open Camtasia Recorder and set it to capture the full screen. You can also select a specific area by clicking on it.
- Choose a microphone. To use on your computer, follow these steps:
- Click on preferences tab and choose the Record option.
- you should find Uninstall component beside System sound. if you say meInstall the component instead, click on it and follow the installation instructions.
- Camtasia has a built-in video editor that allows you to cut, add effects, and refine your footage.
- After working on your recording, you can share it on various platforms including YouTube, Vimeo, and Screencast.
Use Movavi Screen Recorder
This is another great option for screen recording on Mac.
Here’s how to use the app:
- Visit the Movavi website and follow the instructions to download and install the app.
- Open the software and make sure only the screen you want to record is open. A widget will appear when you run the movavi screen recorder. then click screen recording followed by the icon with the image of a camera.
- Click and drag a box to the desired screen area.
- The above step will open a toolbar. Click on Speaker to record the internal sound or the Microphone to capture audio from it.
- Tap the Record button on the toolbar. When you’re done, press the Stop button. Save and export your video.
FonePaw is a great tool that helps you record screen and voice on Mac.
That is how:
- Visit the FonePaw website and select the version of macOS. Install the file and open it to start recording.
- Choose the area you want to capture, set the microphone or select system audio. Be sure to adjust the system sound volume.
- Click on Disk button to start and then Stop When did you do it? The video is automatically saved to your Mac.
- You can continue to preview, trim and share the video. The software also allows you to share directly to Facebook and Twitter.
Editing your recordings
Sometimes your videos aren’t as perfect as you’d like them to be. This is where editing comes in. Take the time to cut unwanted movies, enhance audio, and add additional graphics and effects.
Using an online video editor with the Mac Screenshot toolbar is one option. Alternatively, you can use software like Camtasia, which comes with built-in editing tools that enhance your recording.
Screen recording with audio doesn’t have to be complicated. There are plenty of software and apps that make it very easy, you just have to experiment.
Hopefully, we have made it easy for you to understand how to record screen on Mac with sound and the great programs that help you do it.
These include Mac Screen Capture Toolbar, QuickTime Player, Snag-It, Camtasia, Movavi, and FonePaw. All this will help you create the result you are looking for!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
Can you record screen with audio on Mac?
If you can. There are various options and software applications available to easily record your screen with audio.
Some popular ones are:
- Quicktime Player
- hook it up
- Paw Phone
- Mac Screenshot Toolbar
Why is there no sound when I record screen on Mac?
It may be due to the audio recording settings. If you are using the Screen Capture Toolbar or QuickTime Player, make sure you select the correct source.
Usually the audio source is set to None by default. Be sure to set it to “Internal Audio” to capture system audio or “Microphone” to record incoming audio.
When using other applications like Camtasia or Snag-It, make sure the System Audio settings show “Uninstall Component”.
If you need help figuring out how to record screen with audio on Mac, check out some of the options highlighted above.
Does QuickTime screen recording also record audio?
Yes, especially if you’re using QuickTime Pro for Mac. However, make sure the audio source is set to Internal Audio.