If you want to send a single large file or several to a recipient, but the limit of Outlook (Hotmail) does not let you advance, today we will show you how send large files via hotmail without problems, so we invite you to continue reading this information.
3 Ways to Send a Large Attachment via Hotmail
It is important to know the Hotmail limit regarding the size of the files that can be sent, since in Outlook it is a maximum of 20 megabytes, therefore, next, we will show you how to send a large file through Hotmail with different procedures.
Send a OneDrive file via Hotmail
- OneDrive is Microsoft’s special cloud, so you only need to upload the file you want to send. After that, OneDrive will provide you with a link to share, this link can be sent through any type of messaging, so that the recipient can see the content both in the cloud and by downloading it to their device.
- Go to outlook.com and sign in to your email.
- Open a new message, put the recipient, the subject and write the body of the message. Finally, copy the link OneDrive gave you and paste it into the body of the email you want to send.
- Then click submit.
Compress the file before sending
One of the best options to send a large file is to use a program to compress or reduce the size of the file, therefore, you can use third-party programs so that you can send the file within the norms stipulated by Hotmail in its email.
Currently, we have images with excellent quality such as HD, however, these are quite heavy due to their size, so below we will show you a method to reduce them and be able to send them through Hotmail.
- Click on the browser you use in a common way, now place the following link outlook.com in the search bar and sign in to your email.
- Go to “New message” and compose the email you want to send.
- Go to the paperclip icon “To attach” and click on it, add all the images you want in the message.
- Now you will have to click on “Archive” and in “Information”.
- You will find yourself in the “Image attachments” option, so now you must choose “resize large images before sending this message”.
- The last step is just to send the message, clicking on “Send”.