Everyone and their aunt have an Apple Watch these days. This leads to some problems of association, disassociation, personalization, etc. of your devices.
We can help.
Here is a quick guide on how to unpair an Apple Watch from your iPhone. We’ll also show you how to do it without your phone nearby.
How to unpair an Apple Watch?
Generally speaking, there are two main ways to clean your Apple Watch: with or without your iPhone. Some experts say it’s best to have access to your mobile device, but we’ve found that it’s not necessary.
How to unpair an Apple Watch from your iPhone?
Before you disconnect Apple Watch from your iPhone, make sure you do this remove any payment card information of your Wallet. It is a must.
Once you are ready, you can continue with the steps:
- Keep both devices (iPhone and Apple Watch) close.
- Open the apple watch app on your iPhone.
- Now select the My watch tab at the bottom of the menu and click all watches in the top left-hand corner.
- Click on the information orange button.
- To choose Unpair Apple Watch and confirm it by clicking Disengage yet.
If you want to pair your watch and phone again in the future, you’ll need to select Hold. On the contrary, to remove your plan
However, it would be best to talk to your mobile operator to cancel your subscription.
Last but not least, you should Enter your Apple ID before continuing. And the job is done!
If your goal was to reset the Apple Watch, instead of erasing it, you just have to click on the message that says Start the pairing.
How to unpair an Apple Watch without an iPhone?
Sometimes it may not be possible to unpair your digital tool with iPhone.
The Cupertino giant has ensured that there is a way to unlink your Apple Watch directly from the device.
Let’s see how it happens:
- you should select Settings.
- now it’s time General.
- Select option Restart.
- Click on Erase all content and settings.
- If you want to keep your plan, select Delete everything and shut up.
- Once the procedure is finished, go to iCloud.com to disable activation lock on your computer.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- To go Settings.
- Under my devices, you should find Apple Watch.
- Click on X next to your Apple Watch to remove it.
- To select to remove to complete the operation.
And voila, that’s it!
That is all.
Now you know not one, but two ways to unpair Apple Watch from your iPhone.
It’s easy, really. You just need to make sure you really want to unpair, not redo. The latter is a completely different process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
Why can’t I unpair my Apple Watch?
Check if the watch is actually paired with the iPhone you are trying to use. Seeing connected to another device is usually the problem in such situations.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch?
Depending on which way you prefer, you can unpair through the Apple Watch settings on your iPhone, or if you don’t have access to your smartphone, you can do it directly.
How to pair an Apple Watch on a new iPhone?
First, you need to make sure that both your old and new iPhones are connected to Wi-Fi. Therefore, you need to make sure that your Apple Watch and iPhone have at least 50% battery.
- Update your old phone and Apple Watch to the latest version of iOS.
- check yours Health Y Activities settings. iCloud doesn’t store your data, so you may need to back it up and encrypt it.
- Make a backup of your old iPhone.
- Set up your new phone.
How long does it take to unpair an Apple Watch?
As you can see in our step-by-step guide on how to unpair an Apple Watch, it takes 10-15 minutes to do so.