The cannabis industry has exploded in recent years, thanks to research proving its medicinal and therapeutic benefits. However, it isn’t merely humans who are flocking to hemp products. Our furry friends can also benefit from the therapeutic benefits of cannabis. Do you wish to try CBD hemp oil for pets? Around the US, pet owners are experimenting with CBD hemp oil because they believe it can do wonders for their furry friends. However, pet owners need to keep certain things in mind before they try CBD hemp oil for pets. Read on to learn more about how cannabis-infused products can help your pets and why you should give them a shot.
What is Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a phytocannabinoid found within the Cannabis Sativa plant with various health benefits. It interacts with our endocannabinoid system by binding with our receptors and neurotransmitters. Hemp oil infused with cannabidiol is gaining popularity within the industry due to the myriad of medicinal benefits to humans and our furry friends. Since most mammals have an endocannabinoid system, chemical compounds like CBD affect them the way it helps us.
As a result, experts claim the cannabis market targeting pets and animals will be worth $125 million by 2022. Pet owners prefer hemp products as natural remedies for treating several ailments, including nausea, pain relief, and inflammation. Additionally, research also shows that such products can help your pets become more active, engaged, and happy. As a result, these products help work as an alternative or more holistic remedy with fewer adverse side effects.
Buying the best products for your pets
When you go out to dispensaries to buy cannabis-infused products for your pets, you will notice two different oils, hemp and hemp seed oil. While both come from cold pressing and squeezing hemp, they contain distinct chemical compounds and plant matter. As a result, they produce varying effects on our bodies. Hence, consumers must research the market to ensure they purchase appropriate products. Purchase cannabis-infused oils that contain cannabidiol, tetrahydrocannabinol (in trace amounts), and the required terpenes. Here’s a quick look at how consumers can purchase the best products for their pets.
- If you want to experiment with or try CBD for dogs, do so only after thorough research. Make sure you purchase from reputable and credible companies.
- Always go through the manufacturer’s website to check their certifications, licenses, and extraction techniques.
- Download a copy of their certificate of analysis to ensure you check for active ingredients.
- Ensure their products are free from toxins, harmful chemicals, and heavy metals.
- Talk to other people who have bought the product to understand its side effects and benefits. Going through customer testimonials and online reviews will also help you choose reliable and trustworthy products.
How Can Hemp Products Help My Pets?
- These products can help reduce the frequency and severity of seizures and epileptic episodes in pets. While traditional treatment protocols rely on potassium bromide or Phenobarbital, these can produce several harmful side effects. On the other hand, hemp products are a safer and more sustainable option for extended use as they act as natural remedies. Most conventional drugs lead to liver failure over time in dogs, whereas cannabidiol produces no such adverse side effects. Hemp products are so effective that even the FDA has approved a cannabis-fueled drug to treat a rare form of pediatric epilepsy.
- As dogs get older, they tend to face degenerative ailments, such as osteoarthritis and joint pain, making movement difficult. Cannabidiol can help improve mobility by easing such joint pain and reducing swelling. These compounds have potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that help make them efficient pain management tools. Such properties also help combat oxidative and free-radical damage that causes muscular and neural degeneration. Additionally, hemp products also prevent inflammation of the pancreas, leading to gastrointestinal issues in pets.
- Hemp products can help improve the overall quality of your pet’s life by easing aches, joint pains, and other discomforts. It can also help them stay calm and relaxed, preventing the onset of several neurological disorders as they age. Both acute and chronic pain can lead to dogs and other pets staying active as it hurts them too much to engage in day-to-day activities. Cannabidiol can help reduce pain signaling, making it effective in treating several pains, including neuropathic and muscular aches.
- Most dogs and cats feel anxious or inactive due to their phobias and fears. Cannabidiol helps prevent such anxieties from taking over their lives and restricting their actions. It reduces their fear of public noises and loud sounds while also regulating separating anxiety. Research also shows that such products can help your pets deal with several panic disorders, post-traumatic stress disorders, and mood swings.
- As your pet’s age, their bodies will get less efficient in digesting food and absorbing nutrients. As a result, your pets might start to get lethargic and face several digestive issues. Hemp products work as appetite stimulants, helping your pets receive the nutrients their bodies require. Additionally, they also aid in digestion, making it easier for your pets to stay healthy and fit. These products prevent nausea and vomiting, helping make your dogs and cats more active over time.
- If all of this wasn’t enough, studies also suggest that cannabis-infused products help improve your pet’s cardiovascular health. Many dogs and cats get inactive during the later stages due to a weak heart. The regular use of hemp-infused oils can help prevent damage to blood vessels and arteries. These products also lower resting blood pressure, helping improve overall cardiovascular health in our pets.
- Hemp products have potent Neuroprotectant properties that help keep neurological disorders at bay. They also prevent degenerative damage by protecting their nervous system and preventing the build-up of toxicities. Hemp products allow aging dogs to retain their cognitive function for extended periods by protecting their brain cells from death. By reducing the production of cytokines, these products prevent hypersensitivity and irritability.
Most of us love our pets dearly and will do anything to ensure they live happy and fulfilling lives. However, as your pet’s age, you might notice they get more silent, inactive, and moody due to feeling in pain constantly. If you try CBD hemp oil for pets, you will quickly see changes as cannabidiol can help prevent several of these issues in dogs and cats. These products can help your pets live an active and happy life well into their later years, naturally and organically. Hemp oils can help your pets feel more at ease by relaxing their muscles and nerves while also keeping pain and inflammation at bay. Are you looking to buy hemp products for your furry friends? If so, follow this space for updates regarding how to purchase the best products within the market!