Your quick reply:
- If you open the Instagram app, log in normally, and see your home page showing as “Failed to refresh feed”, you can fix it with three methods.
- Sign out and sign in; it may just be an app bug, so you can wait and update the app. But if it still doesn’t work, you can log out of your account and try to log in again.
- Reboot your device – Try to reboot your device if you tried the previous step and launched the app, but the problem persists.
- Clear cache: Many temporary files are saved in the phone memory when you use the applications on the device. This is known as caching.
- These files, as such, don’t contain much important or valuable information, so you can delete them without the stress of losing important information.
- If you open the Insta app and see “the feed could not be updated” it could be due to many reasons like maybe your Insta app is not up to date, you have a slow internet connection or maybe it is an app crash or has been “Action Blocked” by Instagram.
Video on Instagram failed to update feed error:
Why couldn’t Instagram update the feed?
There are a few reasons you should consider:
1. The Instagram app is out of date:
If you open the Instagram app and you are having problems with Instagram and you think it is not due to poor internet connection and app issues, please make sure your app is up to date because sometimes if the app is not up to date it can cause this problem . If you have auto-update, turn it on and apps will automatically install new versions. However, if it doesn’t work, you need to upload new versions.
2. Instagram server is down:
Like any other social media platform, Instagram isn’t always perfect, so sometimes the reason for errors like this is that the Instagram app crashes. If you want to check if Instagram is down, you can use services like Down Detector, which tells you the status of the app, or regularly check Instagram’s official Twitter account, where they let people know if errors occur.
3. Slow internet connection:
A slow internet connection is the most common reason you may see the error. But the good thing is that this can be fixed easily, sometimes even without any effort on your part. Poor Wi-Fi or mobile connection, slow speed, and provider issues can be the reason why Instagram can’t update your feed. Make sure your mobile data or Wi-Fi is turned on and working properly. Try using other applications or open various web pages. Also, don’t forget to check if you paid for services this month. If you have problems with the Internet, contact your service provider.
4. Action blocked by Instagram:
Action blocked on Instagram means you are using Instagram and doing too many actions at the same time, like following too many people at once or unfollowing too many people at once or even liking too many people at once. You would get a day’s action block from 24 hours to 24 days, depending on how the app updates its rules. This may also be the reason why your Instagram is showing “Failed to refresh feed”. All you can do is wait until this “blocked action” is removed.
How to fix Instagram could not update your feed?
There are a few methods you can try to fix Instagram feed issues:
1. Log out and log back in to Instagram:
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open Instagram and go to the profile
You now have your app open and logged in, and now go to your profile by clicking on your profile picture in the bottom right hand corner of your page. Now go to your profile page.
Step 2: Settings > Exit
Now tap on the three horizontal line icons at the top right of the page. A dashboard slide appears. Choose the first option, which says “Settings”. Now once you open the settings page scroll down and at the bottom there will be an option that says “Sign out with your account name”. Click on that and log out.
Step 3: Sign in again
Now open your Insta app again and sign in with your ID and password. Now check that the fault has disappeared; update your feed now.
2. Reboot the device:
Now if you tried the above step and launched the app but the problem still persists then try restarting your device
⭐️ Android users:
Step 1: Press and hold the “Power” button until you see the “Options” menu.
Step 2: Select “Reboot” or “Shutdown.” If you choose “Power Off”, you can turn your device back on by pressing and holding the “Power” button.
⭐️ iPhone users:
Step 1: Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake + Volume Up” button on your device and keep it pressed for a few seconds until you see the words “slide to power off”.
Step 2: Scroll through these words to turn off the device.
Step 3: Once the device is off, turn it back on by pressing and holding the “Sleep/Wake” button again until the Apple logo appears.
3. Empty Instagram cache:
Many temporary files are saved in the phone memory when you use the applications on the device. This is known as caching. These files, as such, don’t contain much important or valuable information, so you can delete them without the stress of losing important information.
⭐️ Android users:
To clear cache on Android, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: First, open the “Settings” option on your phone.
Step 2: Then click on “Applications” and then select the Instagram app, then click on the “Storage” option.
Step 3: Now click on the Clear Cache option.
Remember not to confuse it with the Clear Data button or permanently lose useful information about the app.
⭐️ iPhone users:
Here’s how to clear cache on iOS:
Step 1: Open the “Settings”. Find and open “General”.
Step 2: Select iPhone Storage.
Step 3: Find the Instagram app, among other applications.
Step 4: Click “Download Application”.