We’re hiring once again – this time for a full-time Associate Trade Editor to help keep our buying guides up to date and work with our new review team to turn their expertise into actionable advice. Do you want to throw your hat in the ring? Then read on to find out more!
Trade Associate Editor – Full Time, Remote
Are you an experienced writer and editor who would be comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote environment, working through our buying guides to ensure we recommend the best products available? This could be the job for you!
(Note: this job is a remote work from home).
In short, How-To Geek is looking for someone who loves tech products and is a strong writer, researcher, and editor. You should have experience writing about technology products and be able to keep up with new technology developments. I’d be working on buying guides for everything from laptops and routers to phone cases, USB cables, portable battery packs, robotic vacuums, and tablets.
I would be working with our trade editor to keep our buying guides up to date, research the best products, write about the products, and perform other tasks as needed.
We recently opened an in-house office and are also expanding a review operation. I would also be working with our Director of Reviews and the review team to turn our review ideas into actionable buying advice for our readers.
what would you be doing
- Working with our trade editor to regularly review our library of buying guides to ensure recommended products are up to date and in stock.
- Research updated products to recommend and write them for our buying guides, as well as complete any other update-related tasks that may be required.
- Working with our Reviews team to integrate insights and recommendations from your experience into our trade articles.
- Complete other related tasks that may be required, including working with freelancers on creating new buying guides or updating existing buying guides.
- Occasionally write buying guides and other trade-related articles yourself.
- Demonstrable experience writing about products, especially technology-related products.
- Hands-on experience writing for an online audience (bonus points for experience in an editing role).
- Ability to dive into new topics related to technology products and learn them quickly
- Detail oriented and focused on deadlines, with a get things done attitude
- Great attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on WordPress preferred
- Basic working knowledge of SEO principles is a plus.
- 401(k): employer contribution up to 4%; Eligible after 3 months of full-time employment.
- health insurance: Cost-sharing medical, dental and vision insurance plan.
- Paid vacations: We offer the following paid holidays: New Years, Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday, Washington Birthday, Memorial Day, National Independence Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
- Non-chargeable PTO (vacation and sick days): The Company offers 120 non-chargeable PTO hours for combined paid vacation and sick pay annually. The employee may only carry more than 80 hours of non-redeemable PTO each calendar year.
- remote work. You will be working from home and must have your own computer with reliable Internet access.
- You must be legally permitted to work in the US, reside in the US, and be available for work during normal East Coast business hours (EST).
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this job, go to our job posting on Indeed and hit the big blue “Apply Now” button.