How to Grow Watermelon?
Watermelon is a fruit that is frequently consumed in the summer and takes a large place in the aisles. You can choose the exact taste with the techniques you will apply while buying grow watermelon. Many methods have been tried for this. Watermelon takes a long way in the process from the producer to the consumer .
During this process, the watermelon grows and candies . Watermelons grown with devotion are abundant in hot parts of our country. Containing powerful antioxidant ingredients, watermelon also meets the body’s need for vitamins. If you want to consume watermelon in full and organic form every summer, write down our article where you can find an answer to the question of how to grow watermelon. In these lines , all questions such as how to plant a watermelon, how to water it were answered!
How to Grow Watermelon a Good in the Field?
3 Steps: In the Garden
A natural environment should be prepared for the most efficient growth of watermelon . The area is a garden or a field. When you want to grow watermelons in a home-type pot, the yield you will get is very low. Growing Watermelon in the field or garden will result in higher rank. For those who provide the materials; Now let’s answer the question of how to grow watermelons in the field step by step !
Step 1: Soil Preparation
- Before planting watermelon, it is necessary to prepare the environment in which it will grow. For this reason, you should first blend the soil according to the appropriate conditions.
- You can start preparing the soil in the autumn season . Plow the field or garden well before it rains. Mix the minerals under the soil with the minerals on top of it.
- If you use a lot of fertilizer in the t oprak version , you will laugh a lot during the harvest period.
- When the first plowing process is finished, you will have to perform this process again like a quarry.
Step 2: Planting Watermelon
- If planting is growing from seed in a big field, the selected watermelon seeds are sow in the soil with an average of 65 cm between them .
- It is recommended to put 3 seeds in each hole.
- When a handful of soil is added on each of the seeds, the planting process takes place.
- Irrigation should be done on each pit to give life water.
Step 3: Post-Planting Care
- It is recommended that you be sensitive about how to grow watermelons in the garden, which looks very easy .
- Seeds require abundant watering until they germinate and turn green . During the growth phase, a humid environment should be provided.
- The temperature of the soil in which watermelon is planted should remain at an average of 12 degrees.
- Every end of spring, must be watered once every 10 to 12 days to maintain this temperature .
- In irrigated soils, the roots sway well and begin to grow by clinging to the soil strongly.
- In this process, your task will be to wait for the summer season. In the summer heat, you should check the garden frequently and do not skip irrigation periods.
How to Grow Watermelon in Pots from a Seed?
For those who do not have a garden or field , we would like to answer the question of how to grow watermelons in pots at home . Growing watermelons in pots, which does not yield much yield, has also attracted great interest in recent years. Special tips for those who want to grow watermelons in pots will be as follows!
1st Process: Core Selection:-
- Collect the seeds of the watermelon you like very much on a napkin and try to dry it.
- The seeds you have stored will appear as watermelons in your home after a few stages.
2nd Process: Planting the Seed into the Pot:-
- Fill half a large deep pot with fertile soil.
- Place 3 seeds in the middle of the soil.
- Cover the seeds with a little more soil and wait about 10 days after giving life water.
- If you prefer humid days without wind while planting the seeds in pots , you can continue their development in better conditions.
3rd Process: Seedling Formation in Pot:-
- If you plant seeds in autumn, you will have grown medium-sized watermelons at the end of spring.
- It is also important to keep the pot in a sun-exposed position.
- After the seedling grows, do not neglect to make daily checks. Do not forget to watering when ever the soil dries.
- If you wish, you can take the seedling growing in pots on a wider area. Thus, you increase the yield of watermelon.
How to Care for grow Watermelon?
- Watermelon needs a hot and humid climate to grow in the best conditions . Cold regions are not suitable for watermelon cultivation.
- It is high noted(important) detail that the temperature of the soil is must be 12 degrees .
- It is important that the soil to be planted with watermelon is rich in minerals.
- Soils must be with high resident water holding capacity should be recommended.
- When the fertilization method is applied in soils with high clay content , a productive harvest can be obtained.
- You can make the growing conditions more easiest by fertilizing the soil. We mostly recommend you to choose animal manure.
- Moisture must be preserved in watermelon roots, so watering should not be neglected.
- If the seedling is transferred from the pot to the garden, plenty of water should be given after this transfer.
- It is recommended not to overdo the water until the fruiting period.
- After the fruits exceed the size of 5 cm, daily watering should be done.
- When watering the berries, avoid damaging their leaves. It is more convenient to irrigate the roots correctly.
- The drip method would be ideal for watering watermelons in large areas.
Harvest time for grow watermelon
- There is no clear time given for those who say when I plant watermelon in pots or in the garden, when to harvest.
- Approximately 90 days after sowing , the fruits can start to ripen.
- It can be harvested 50 to 55 days after the seedling to grow.
- Harvest time varies according to soil fertility and climate.
- It is known to last shorter in hot and humid cities.
- You can test the color on the watermelon rind to harvest. If the leaves of the ripe watermelon have wilted; You can now collect the watermelon.
9 Tips to Delicious Grow Watermelons
- When the harvest season comes, you can tell by the shine on the peel . You can also collect watermelons with very shiny peel by tearing them by hand.
- If the collected watermelons are to be stored in the warehouse; We recommend that you avoid stacks on top of each other . Watermelons that form too many clumps can crack the underlying watermelons. This situation causes material damage.
- If the summer period is too short in your region ; you can germinate the beans at home in a container.
- When you want to grow the watermelon most in the good way, you can use good organic materials. More efficient results are obtained in soils receiving organic matter.
- To get the most delicious taste of watermelon , you must meet the care conditions. Too much watering and dehydration also affect the taste of watermelon.
- If harmful substances are noticed in the soil, it is recommended to clean these substances.
- Removing insects or weeds that will damage the plant will positively reinforce the growth of the watermelon.
- Do not expect too many fruits from the plant in order not to tire the soil too much.
- You can use pesticides for insect infestation on grow watermelon leaves .
check also:- Strawberry growing tips