You can install AT&T TV on your Smart TV and enjoy your favorite videos on it.
Like smartphones, smart TVs are the next trend. You can install applications, play games, surf the Internet, watch movies and series, make online calls and much more. DIRECTV NOW is one of the smart TV apps that can be used to stream live and on-demand video content on your device at a subscription price. DirectTV Now is now called AT&T TV. Follow the steps below to install AT&T TV on Smart TV (Samsung, Sony, Vizio, LG, and Android Smart TV).
Although all Smart TVs are similar to each other, the steps required to install the DIRECTV NOW app on individual Smart TVs may vary by brand.
Steps to install (DIRECTV NOW) the AT&T TV application on the Samsung Smart TV
Like Apple smartphones that have iOS, Samsung also has a separate operating system for its smart TVs, Tizen OS. On the Samsung TV, it has its own application store called Samsung Apps where you can install applications and games like in the Google Play Store.
(1) Open the Samsung Apps application on your smart TV.
(2) The search bar is on the left side of the screen. Click the search bar for either DIRECTV NOW or AT&T TV.
(3) The search results will appear on the right side of the screen. Choose the DIRECTV NOW app.
(4) On the next screen, click the Download button. Once you click the download button, the download will start.
(5) When the download is complete, click the Run button to open the application.
Tech owns Tip: How to Update Samsung Smart TV Apps?
Steps to install the At & T TV application for Android TV (Sony, Mi Box, NVIDIA Shield TV)
You can easily install the DIRECTV NOW (AT&T TV) app on your Android TV. All Android smart TV runs on the Android TV operating system which is very similar to the Android smartphone operating system. All Google applications are pre-installed on the Android TV. Smart TVs like Sony, Mi Box, NVIDIA Shield TV are some of the TVs that are powered by the Android TV operating system.
(1) Open the Google Play Store on your smart TV.
(2) In the search bar, type DIRECTV NOW or AT&T TV. Choose the AT&T TV app from the search results.
(3) On the next screen, click the Install button .
(4) When the application is installed, click the Open button to launch the application on your Android smart TV.
Steps to install the At&T TV app for LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV has WebOS on its smart TVs. WebOS or LG WebOS is a Linux-based kernel developed for smart TVs.
Currently, the DIRECTV NOW (AT&T TV) app is not available for LG smart TVs. LG Smart TV has its own application store called LG Content Store. In the app store, you can’t find any app called DIRECTV NOW or AT&T app.
If you want to stream the AT&T application on your LG Smart TV, you can cast the application using your smartphone or PC. LG Smart TV has a Screen Share application to cast from smartphones and PC.
Tech owns Tip: How to update apps on LG Smart TV?
Steps to install (DIRECTV NOW) At & T TV application for Vizio Smart TV
The DIRECTV NOW app is not available for Vizio Smart TV as well, but you can cast the app for Vizio Smart TV.
You can cast your smartphone to the Vizio Smart TV using the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app. The application is available for both Android and iOS smartphones. Install the application and launch the application on your Vizio Smart TV.
This is how you install the DIRECTV NOW (AT&T TV) app on your smart TV. If your smart TV doesn’t have the app, please create the app with your smartphone. All smart TVs have their own casting app pre-installed or available from the official app store.