THE MAKE-UP REMOVAL STEP IS ESSENTIAL TO PRESERVE THE BALANCE OF THE SKIN. PRODUCTS AND GESTURES: WE TELL YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT MAKEUP REMOVER FROM THE EYES, COMPLEXION AND LIPS.
Make-up removal: an essential step
After a long evening, removing makeup is more perceived as a chore than a moment of relaxation. However, this step is necessary to guarantee your skin impeccable beauty. Indeed, it allows to cleanse the skin by freeing the pores of impurities accumulated during the day, and thus avoiding the formation of small unsightly pimples and the appearance of a dull complexion. In addition, it ensures your makeup impeccable hold because the make-up is better on clean and soft skin!
The different types of makeup remover
With an explosion of offers, it’s hard to navigate the make-up removal department. Here are some tips to help you choose the product that’s right for you!
– Makeup remover milks : essential, they deliver a protective film on the skin and are recommended for all skin types. We also recommend using it in winter, to provide hydration and comfort to the epidermis.
– Makeup remover gels : they have the particularity of deep cleaning and leaving the skin perfectly uniform. However, do not forget to rinse your face thoroughly. They are more suitable for combination and oily skin.
– Cleansing waters: suitable for all skin types (and to be used preferably in summer to avoid aggravating the dryness of the epidermis due to the climatic conditions of winter), they are suitable for all those who are in a hurry because in addition to cleaning, cleansing water tones the skin!
– Makeup removing foams : ideal for oily skin, they give a feeling of dryness to the epidermis. For a good application, remember to moisten your skin beforehand.
– Makeup remover wipes: you can imagine, their strong point: they are ultra-practical and can be transported everywhere! Suitable for all, they are effective but bad point as for their ecological impact! unless you find biodegradable …
– Cleansing oils: the latest, make-up removing oils promise perfect make-up removal in a very short time. As they are used without cotton, they are ideal for sensitive skin which tends to quickly blush.
WHETHER YOU WEAR A LOT OR VERY LITTLE MAKEUP, MAKEUP REMOVAL IS ESSENTIAL TO THE SURVIVAL OF OUR SKIN. IT ALLOWS IT TO BE CLEANED AND PRESERVED. WE ADOPT THE RIGHT GESTURES SO THAT THIS MOMENT IS NO LONGER A CONSTRAINT.
Foundation, powder, concealer, blush … our skin is abused by all our cosmetics. At the end of the day, the skin needs to be cleansed and cleansed so that it can breathe. We give you all the steps and tips for effective makeup removal.
The gestures and step to gently remove make-up
- Pour a small amount of cleansing milk in the palm of your hand. Let cool for a few seconds. At skin temperature, milk will work even better.
- Apply cleansing milk with both hands on the entire face. Start with the oval, then gradually go up towards the cheeks, the forehead, and finish by the neck.
- “Work” the cleansing milk on the face for 1 or 2 min, fingers flat, by light pressure to remove the impurities. The right trajectory: from the neck to the top of the face, and from the nose to the ears, so as not to displace the tissues. Insist well on all the middle part: forehead, wings of the nose, mouth, chin.
- Put a tissue on your face, then remove it with a clean gesture. This “suction cup” effect captures impurities without spreading them or closing the pores.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water while spraying your face. And remove the remaining microparticles with a cotton pad soaked in tonic lotion. The ideal? Large cottons for babies. If they remain white: your skin is well removed. Finally, pat your face with a tissue or towel to avoid dehydration from drying in the open air.
Not a fan of cleansing milks? We also test micellar waters and facial oils.
5 tips for (really) effective makeup removal
- In the morning, we simply pass over the face a cotton pad soaked in a soft lotion, floral or thermal water to remove the toxins that the skin eliminates during the night.
- Antigaspi, you wet your cotton with lukewarm water before soaking it in lotion, to use less product.
- After removing makeup, you sprinkle very hot water, then very cold: this boosts the microcirculation.
- Should we continue with a mask? We prefer a “rinse” with hot water which opens the pores and will allow us to better benefit from it.
- “For perfect efficiency, choose a milk and lotion from the same line, the two products having been designed to complement each other,” advises Joëlle Ciocco, epidermologist.
Which makeup remover for which skin type?
If you have dry skin : favor creamy textures (milks, cleansing oils) for their contribution in moisturizing active ingredients and for the feeling of softness and suppleness they provide.
If you have oily skin : prefer products that rinse off with water (gels and cleansing waters) for their cleansing and toning action.
Attention, for removing make-up from the eyes , it is strongly advised to use products intended for this purpose because they are softer and the formulas are specially designed to remove makeup without any risk for this fragile area of the face.
Best Makeup Removers
MILKS, WATERS, FOAMS, BUTTERS, JELLIES: DISCOVER THE BEST FACE MAKE-UP REMOVERS AND FIND THE ONE SUITABLE FOR YOUR SKIN AND YOUR NEEDS.
For gentle make-up removal: cleansing lotions and waters
For whom? Those who do very little make-up on the complexion and eyes and who wish to gently remove makeup, pollution, dust and impurities from their face at the end of the day. They are also perfect for finishing off with make-up removal with water, or as a toner in the morning to refresh and brighten the complexion.
The advantages of lotions and cleansing waters. Their very gentle formulation does not alter, during makeup removal, the hydrolipidic film of the skin (this protective film which covers the epidermis). A good point for sensitive and fragile skin.
The least. They are powerless against waterproof and long-lasting makeup!
For cocooning make-up removal: cleansing creams and milk
For whom? Dry, sensitive and reactive skin. Why? Because thanks to their fatty substances, these make-up removers perfectly remove all types of make-up without attacking the skin.
The advantages of cleansing milks. The rich and creamy texture of these make-up removers provides the first layer of hydration to the epidermis. These cleansing creams and milk are also the ideal products for “tight” skins.
The least. This “nourished skin” aspect will obviously not please oily skin, which will feel obliged to rinse off the product once the make-up has been removed.
A fresh make-up removal:
Combination, oily skin or those looking for an ultra-light and fresh make-up remover texture. These make-up removers in the form of jelly or foam are used on dry skin and are enriched with water.
The advantages of make-up removers and jellies. Two-in-one skincare products, they can act as make-up removers and cleansers at the same time.
The least. In the long term, this type of makeup remover can weaken the eye area …
Express make-up removal: cleansing wipes and discs
When to use them? For return from evenings, getaways, weekends, in short, all those moments when makeup removal must be (very) quick and easy to carry out.
The advantages of cleansing wipes. Their format: practical, simple, effective. We would be tempted to use them every day!
The least. Nothing beats good cotton or water make-up removal. Cleansing wipes and discs are effective … but not 100%. It is best to use them occasionally. Even though brands have made progress, cleansing wipes and discs are anything but green.
Ultra-efficient make-up removal: make-up remover butter and balms
For whom? They are the latest comers in the make-up removal world. They were designed for those looking for THE perfect makeup removal. No need to finish removing makeup with a lotion or tonic, the skin is ultra-clean and clear. The makeup is “dissolved” in a few seconds: waterproof mascara, smoky eyes, ultra-covering foundations … nothing can resist them!
The advantages of cleansing butter and balms. Economic, these make-up removers are used without cotton, on the finger and on dry skin. Very little product is enough to overcome any makeup. They are as effective as a cleansing oil but are often less scary.
The least. If you do not rinse these cleansing butter and balms perfectly, a light film can remain on the eyes for a few seconds and blur the vision. Nothing serious, but it can be disturbing the first time!
see also Frequent mistakes in makeup