Samsung is rumored to be working on new Galaxy phones and watches, and now a Galaxy Unpacked reveal event is officially scheduled for August 10. In addition, you can make a reservation for the devices and receive a discount for buying them later.
Samsung confirmed today that it will hold another ‘Galaxy Unpacked’ event on August 10 at 9am ET (6am Pacific), where it will reveal “upcoming Galaxy devices.” The teaser image (pictured above) shows a foldable phone, and there were recently leaks about a Galaxy Fold 4 and Galaxy Flip 4. The Galaxy Watch 5 could also make an appearance at the event, which is rumored to drop the rotating bezel that it has been available on select Samsung watches for years.
As with this year’s first Unpacked event (where the Galaxy S22 series was revealed), Samsung is letting people pre-order a “pre-order” if you will. Reservations are completely free, with no obligation to purchase the devices later, as long as you provide a name and email address to Samsung.
If you make a reservation, you will be eligible for a discount on upcoming products, depending on what you end up buying. Here’s the full breakdown, according to Samsung:
- $200 credit to the Galaxy phone, watch and headset bundle
- $150 credit to the Galaxy watch and phone bundle
- $130 credit to the Galaxy phone and buds bundle
- $80 credit towards the Galaxy Watch and Buds bundle
- $100 credit to use on Samsung.com towards eligible products when you reserve a Galaxy phone, which is double the credit of the Galaxy S22!
- $50 credit to use on Samsung.com for eligible products when you reserve a Galaxy watch
- $30 credit to use on Samsung.com towards eligible products when you reserve Galaxy buds
We don’t know how much any of the upcoming devices will cost, so it’s hard to know how much of an impact pre-order discounts will have. Still, it’s free money if you book before August 10th. If previous device launches are any indication, Samsung will likely offer trade-in discounts that will make new devices even cheaper.